Smokey Robinson has been making music for over 50 years and shows no signs of stopping any time soon. The music legend is preparing to release his new album “Smokey & Friends,” which will feature remakes of some of his classic hits.
Although Robinson is at the point in his career where he doesn’t need any features, he recruits some modern R&B singers to perform songs as duets. The songs include hits he recorded with The Miracles and as a solo artist. He also added a couple songs he penned for other artists including The Temptations and Marvin Gaye.
R&B artists featured on Robinson’s new album include Mary J. Blige, John Legend, Ledisi, Miguel, CeeLo Green and Aloe Blacc.
“Smokey & Friends” is scheduled to release on August 19 via Verve Records.
Listen to Smokey Robinson and John Legend on “Quiet Storm.”
“Smokey & Friends” Track listing:
2. You Really Got a Hold on Me, Steven Tyler
3. My Girl, Miguel, Aloe Blacc & JC Chasez
4. Cruisin’, Jesse J
5. Quiet Storm, John Legend
6. The Way You Do (The Things You Do), CeeLo Green
7. Being With You, Mary J. Blige
8. Ain’t That Peculiar, James Taylor
9. The Tears of a Clown, Sheryl Crow
10. Ooh Baby Baby, Ledisi
11. Get Ready, Gary Barlow