Singer, songwriter and part-time DJ, Solange Knowles has teamed with DKMS in an effort to raise awareness about blood cancer. She’s asking everyone to consider becoming a bone marrow donor.
“Since attending the DKMS gala couple of years ago, I have wanted to lend my support in any way I could. People are dying and we can save them. Patients like Kara could be cured with a bone marrow transplant,” said Solange Knowles. “A lot of people don’t understand that it’s literally a cotton swab that determines if you’re a match. This can actually save someone’s life.”
Solange is definitely has a big heart. She always seems to find a way to help raise awareness about important things that are happening in the world. It’s this reason why we have so much love for Solange here at RatedRnB.
DKMS released a shocking fact:
Every day thousands of patients search the national registry in the hope of finding a bone marrow donor match. Less than 30% of patients find a match in their own family; the other 70% must search for an unrelated donor. Sadly, 6 out of 10 patients who can benefit from a transplant never receive one.
For more information about bone marrow donation, visit www.getswabbed.org