Keyshia Cole always keeps it real. Cole stopped by The Breakfast Club on Tuesday morning as part of her promo trail. During her visit, Cole talked candidly about her past relationships, her decision to sign to a major record label (after saying she would be indie), her new music and much more.
Here are six things we learned from Cole’s interview:
1. Her new album is almost finished.
” We pretty much got the album done. It’s done. I probably got ad-libs and backgrounds for two more songs, then we’re going to wrap it up.”
2. She didn’t do much for Valentine’s Day.
“I watched scary movies.”
3. She doesn’t have any type of ’emotions’ for her ex husband Daniel Gibson.
“Love him to death. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to my child’s father at all. It’s always going to be family regardless. But having emotions for somebody that you know what he’s going to do, his typical thing he does that pisses me off…the last fiasco, I was just done with life with him.”
4. After recently meeting her father for the first time, she feels like she’s more like him.
“My dad, he has the attitude. He never shows expression unless he really, really loves you — you’ll see a smile. I do little crazy things like him that irk me…we walk alike, it’s crazy.”
5. Her relationship with her sister Neffie is going to take some time repair.
“It’s going to take a little time for me to really feel like there’s really a change and we can grow and we become real sisters again.”
6. She doesn’t have many friends.
“I just take the word really seriously and everybody that’s my friend — it has to be a real friendship. I don’t like the Hollywood, fake ‘we don’t talk’…that’s not a friend.”
Watch Keyshia Cole’s interview below.