Sammie is back. The 32-year-old singer has released his new album, Everlasting.
Ahead of the album’s release, Sammie shared the meaning of every track on the album over a course of 13 days via Instagram.
1. Funeral: This is the sequel to my record “Confessional” off my last album Coming of Age. Many of you have asked me did me and my ex reunite after my apology to her. We did not, she found a much better fit, something I respect and I’m very happy to hear. However, she has forgiven me and has given to me grace. So “Funeral” is me admitting that the day she gets married is the day that I die emotionally.
2. Issues: I’ve learned to be mindful of my behavior and actions in which I partake in regards to respecting other people’s relationships, the trust issues I have towards women are self inflicted.
3. Face to Face: Every man has that day when he has to be honest with the man he sees looking back in the mirror. He must face the demons he doesn’t fancy about himself and kill them so the next woman doesn’t have to bear them.
4. Times 10: Very sensual, very in you face, very blunt, very forward.
5. H.L.I.T.L.: It’s about finally finding that connection and vibe with your mate that you never want to end.
6. Un-Love You: Ever wish you can simply Un-Love someone?
7. Success vs. Love: It’s about me seeking the balance between having success and someone I love and admire simultaneously (in harmony). Honestly, the things that makes a woman fall in love with me, are a lot of the same attributes and characteristics my fans (mostly women) also fancy about me along with my music. So in essence, I belong to you all AND her which at some point could cause a conflict. Finding a woman who meshes with that logic has been quite the task.
8. Stupid: Before a break up, I exercise all options to make it work & to push thru the bull shyt & tough times. I didn’t want my last relationship to end! So to cope I lost myself post the break up and started indulging overtime with women to mask the pain & disappointment of another failed relationship. “Stupid.” I’ve found myself now though. Pain births beauty in due time & time heals all.
9. 3-Side: There’s her side, my side and the truth.
10. Truth Is: We men have certain triggers that will make us get our act together (it’s quite childish in fact). Often times it’s us seeing a woman we once had and did wrong by, currently happy, thriving and healthy with another man. It’s funny how that works. “Truth Is” I want you back.
11. Playlist: I don’t have an elaborate explanation behind the inspiration for this record. Aside from wanting to provide some sensual “feels” for lovers and couples to make love to. The vocals, the harmonies, the instrumentation are reminiscent to the vibes Usher’s “Confessions” album provided. Add this song to your sex playlist and enjoy
12. P.O.F.: To get to where I am, I’ve loss friends. I’ve loss so called brothers. I’ve been robbed of six figures. I’ve had a car repossessed. I’ve missed birthdays, graduations, and precious moments of those whom I care and love dearly. I’ve saved my mother’s house from foreclosure, I’ve taken care of my dad’s medical bills, I’ve taken in all of my homies and siblings at one point. I’ve been car-less. I should be a father/daddy by now. I’ve sacrificed so much to fulfill my destiny and the craziest part of it all is “I DON’T CARE TO BE FAMOUS.” It’s weird and uncomfortable in fact. I love music, I love people, I love…love. So I’ve paid a great cost to be SAMMIE. This song features audio from my parents and siblings and that audio now holds a special place in my heart. I have closure & fulfillment on things I never knew I was seeking from them. For those who desire fame, be careful for what you wish for.
13. Time Around: My thought process when writing this record was, why must we lose a good thing, to later realize what a “great” thing it is…we had? Why aren’t men intentional from the jump? Why do we waste a woman’s time? And why do we feel so entitled to a second chance? – leave a comment below if you can relate men and women feedback appreciated!
Stream Everlasting by Sammie below.