Chris Brown’s sleeper hit “Under the Influence” reaches No. 1 on Billboard’s Rhythmic Airplay chart this week, dethroning rapper YG’s “Toxic” from the lead position.
Brown now has 13 No. 1 hits on the Rhythmic Airplay chart. He now ties with Usher and Bruno Mars for the third most chart-toppers on this list. They trail behind Drake (36) and Rihanna (17).
Brown’s 13 chart-toppers on the Rhythmic Airplay chart include:
- “Run It!,” seven weeks at No. 1, Nov. 19, 2005
- “Kiss Kiss” feat. T-Pain, five weeks at No. 1, beginning Nov. 17, 2007
- “With You,” six weeks at No. 1, beginning March 1, 2008
- “Get Like Me,” David Banner feat. Chris Brown, two weeks at No. 1, beginning Aug. 2, 2008
- “Look at Me Now” feat. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes, one week at No. 1, May 7, 2011
- “Show Me, Kid Ink feat. Chris Brown, three weeks at No. 1, beginning Feb. 8, 2014
- “Loyal” feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga, two weeks at No. 1, beginning May 10, 2014
- “New Flame” feat. Usher & Rick Ross, one week at No. 1, Nov. 15, 2014
- “Post To Be,” Omarion feat. Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko, one week at No. 1, July 4, 2015
- “No Guidance” feat. Drake, four weeks at No. 1, beginning Aug. 3, 2019
- “Heat” feat. Gunna, one week at No. 1, Nov. 23, 2019
- “Go Crazy” with Young Thug, one week at No. 1, Aug. 1, 2020
- “Under the Influence,” one week at No. 1 to date, Dec. 3, 2022
“Under the Influence,” which soared into the top 40 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart in September, is now No. 14 at the time of publication. The song has more than 486 million streams on Spotify alone.
Following the recent surge in streaming activity for “Under the Influence,” Brown released an official video in October directed by child (Lucky Daye, H.E.R., Doja Cat).
“Under the Influence” was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in October for selling one million equivalent units. The bedroom banger appears on Brown’s 2019 album, Indigo (Extended).
The success of “Under the Influence” is a prime example of a sleeper hit, especially since he just released his new album Breezy in June. The album debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart and No. 2 on the Top R&B Albums chart. A week later, Brown released a deluxe edition of Breezy, which features nine additional tracks.
Brown is seeing success with his latest album, too. His current single “Call Me Every Day” featuring Wizkid is No. 12 at urban radio. Additionally, Breezy (Deluxe) is nominated for Best R&B Album at the 2023 Grammy Awards. The ceremony airs live Sunday, Feb. 5, 2023, at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
On Feb. 13, 2023, Brown will launch his Under the Influence Tour in Dublin, Ireland. The R&B star will play in other European cities through early March. Brown said additional tour dates may be announced at another time. Ticketing information and venue locations for the tour have not been announced as of yet.
Stream “Under the Influence” by Chris Brown.