Brent Faiyaz is celebrating his 28th birthday (Sept. 19) with new music. The Columbia, Maryland, native has released a fresh tune titled “WY@” via his newly minted company ISO Supremacy/UnitedMasters. It was produced by Freeze, Anthine Walters, Othello, Dpat and Berg.
On “WY@,” which stands for “where you at,” Faiyaz sings about a toxic love that feels too good to let go of. He knows they are no good for each other, but their sexual connection is as strong as a magnet.
He croons in the second verse, “I can feel them walls closing / I can feel it all / I’m stuck in your claws / Try to run but I don’t get far I’ma put some blame on me / Tryna take accountability / But you take on my ability / You’re the death of me and a remedy.”
Earlier this week, Faiyaz’s second album, Wasteland, was certified platinum by the RIAA. The album has sold over one million equivalent units since releasing July 8, 2022. It is Faiyaz’s first project to receive a platinum award.
Faiyaz also received RIAA plaques for the following songs:
- “Wasting Time” featuring Drake and The Neptunes, platinum (1 million equivalent units sold)
- “Dead Man Walking,” 2x-platinum (2 million equivalent units sold)
- “Clouded,” 2x-platinum (2 million equivalent units sold)
- “F*ck The World (Summer In London),” platinum (1 million equivalent units sold)
- “Talk 2 U,” gold (500,000 equivalent units sold) wonder son
- “Gang Over Luv,” platinum (1 million equivalent units sold)
- “Trust,” 2x-platinum (2 million equivalent units sold)
In May, it was announced that Faiyaz had partnered with UnitedMasters to launch his new creative agency, ISO Supremacy.
Steve Stoute, CEO and founder of UnitedMasters, said, “Brent Faiyaz is one of the most prolific Independent artists today and we are extremely excited to embark on this new partnership with him. It’s been inspiring to watch his journey as an artist over the years and with this partnership, we look to further amplify his creative vision and support his entrepreneurial ambitions.”
Next month, Faiyaz will launch the U.K./European leg of his F*ck The World, It’s a Wasteland Tour. He will also perform at the 2023 ONE Musicfest in Atlanta, Georgia, on Oct. 29.
Stream Brent Faiyaz’s new song “WY@” below.